Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

It's New Year's Eve

Hello everyone!

It's New Year's Eve - the last day of the year. Everyone is looking forward to the new one, leaving behind the old one and all the unpleasant things it might have brought. And of course to all the celebrations planned tonight! That's what I made the theme of the card I am sharing with you today:

 Here I used the beautiful Outdoors paper from the Joyous Winterdays Collection by Maja Design. I used both sides here - the one with the flourishes in the background and the beautiful green one for the big rectangle in the middle of my card. Inbetween I've put some paper with a script pattern from the Peony Avenue paperpad by Studio 75. I also used the same one for the strip I've put across the card.

All papers are matted with black cardstock to add some contrast to my card. Behind the large rectangle I've put a flower border cut from black cardstock using the border die by Noor!Design.


 In the middle, as the center element, I used the beautiful Clock with Swirls by Joycrafts. I love the look of this die cut! The detailed and swirly frame and the antique looking clock in the middle. 

I used silver mirror cardstock to cut the background part. On the picture I took of the whole card my camera is mirroring in the mirror cardstock so you can't really see it. That's why I took another picture from an angle. Can you see the elegant look? I think using the mirror cardstock only made it look more elegant. The clock was cut from black cardstock.


I used Wine Tasting Tilda for my card again. As you might have seen - the clock shows it's midnight. And Tilda is ready to toast to the new year. She even brought out her nice clothes, wearing a glittering shirt and matching shoes. 


 On the left side of the card I used the Outdoors paper again to cut this little banner and tucked it under the clock. I also used one of the large Cotton Butterflies by Joycrafts here. Who says all butterflies are hiding away in winter?

So, with this last card of the year here on the blog I want to wish all of you a happy New Year's Eve and a wonderful, creative and healthy new year 2018!

Hugs, Kathrin

The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:

2 comments:

  1. Adorable carte très représentative de l'entrée dans la nouvelle année.
    Je vous souhaite de passer un bon réveillon de nouvel an et plein de bonnes choses pour 2018...
    A très bientôt.
    MaryannG

    Adorable card very representative of the entry in the new year.
    I wish you a Happy New Year's Eve and lots of good things for 2018 ...
    See you soon.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card. Great use of the Die. Happy New Year. X

    ReplyDelete