Pages

Sunday 12 November 2017

A fall-ish card

 Hello everyone!

Today I am sharing a card that has more a fall-ish look. I have made so many christmas cards already that I needed a break for them. And november is still fall, right? So, I sat down on my desk and this is what I ended up with:


I used the Card Art Window stencil by Dutch Doobadoo for the card base. It's cut from craft cardstock and then I've put some designer's paper from the Noor`s Favourite Paper Pad on the outside. 

The german text means "with you the world is a better place". I've cut it in a banner shape and put it across the bottom of my card. It's only glued down on the left side so the card can still be opened. Since the card didn't stay closed completly I've used two magnets. One is hidden under the designer's paper on the right half of the card, the other one is glued to the back of the banner. They now keep the card closed.


On the bottom left I've added some fall-ish decoration. I used some leaves from the Paper Art Autumn Leaves here and inked them up using different types of browns to give them a fall-ish look. I also added a few berries and a white Pixie Bloom here.


I drive my husband crazy with my need for symmetrie - not only craftwise. So to balance it out I also added some decorations to the top right of the card. It's made from Cheesecloth, an antique bronze heart charm and a bow from twine.
Sorry, I didn't realize the glue wasn't dried here when I took the picture - and when I did it was too dark already to get a decent one.


When the card is closed you can see a part of a scene through the cut out window. When you open the card you get a full look at the scene.

The inside of the card is covered with another designer's paper from the Noor`s Favourites Paper Pad.  I went with a blue one with dots here.


Here's a close up of the scene I created. I started with a die cut cloud in the back. The next layer is made from the Big Fence and Background die. I love how filigrane and detailed it is. 

I used two cattails from chipboard next and added a die cut flower to the right side.

All the other parts are made using the DooHickey Kit #16. I used the ladder in the set as a fence. And isn't that hedgehog a real cutie?

Since I didn't want the hedgehog feel lonely I added this fox stamp by Magnolia. It's out of stock in the store, but I am sure quite a few of you bought it and maybe I can give you some inspiration on how to use it.

I guess, next time will be a christmas themed card again - until then, have a happy day!

Hugs, Kathrin

The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Kruemel. I love these Dutch Doobadoo's. I've even got my bestie in to them over in Texas 😊 After sending her one for her birthday. Great little scean going on there. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card ! Take my heart....

    ReplyDelete