Pages

Saturday 16 June 2018

More Than Words

Hello everyone, 

I have something a little different than my usual card.  Pion Design are sponsoring the More Than Words challenge blog this month so my project is following this month's theme.  The Word Inspiration is "JOURNEY" and the Creative Challenge is a "MAP".  I decided to combine them both into my canvas.

When thinking about the journey my mind wondered to my Dad.  He was a soldier in the World War II and this was the only time that he travelled ever in his entire life.  He visited Singapore, India and beyond.  Once he returned from the War he never set foot back on a plane.  It makes you think of what soldiers went through and indeed still do.  He didn't like to talk about it at all and in fact until my Father's funeral service I didn't even know he had been shot in the leg.  So my project for me was to include a map of the world in recognition of the only journey my dad took  in his lifetime.  I hope you like it.

I used Pion Design's The World Awaits collection of papers, if you are interested in these please email me.

I had great fun working on this canvas.  My picture is framed in a Prima frame.  All products listed at the bottom of the page.






Hugs Tracy x




No comments:

Post a Comment