Pages

Sunday 14 December 2014

Village Scene and a Tutorial

Hello Everyone,

Christmas shopping and housework done, so time for a little play in my craftroom. I have wanted to find the time to do this project for a while now and seeing Tiet's project has just spurned me on, so yesterday was my opportunity and the LOTV image was perfect for the scene in my mind.

I have used two paper pads from Noor!DesignUK, the Winter Wonderland and the Bricks. Love both these pads.

The Dutch Doobadoo tree's couldn't have been easier, I just added that fabulous Dutch Doobadoo Structure paste and they were done.  These would look fabulous on their own or you could add the houses and create a wonderful christmas scene.


The image is an older one from LOTV but nonetheless gorgeous, just love it and perfect for my scene.  I have added lace on each of the windows.



Just behind the floral display is the gorgeous Reindeers which I have forgotten to add white spots to.  These will be back in stock at Noor!DesignUK in the middle of January.


On the house on the right I have added softwood bricks and structure paste, icicle edge, ice crystal 3 


Doesn't that structure paste look fabulous.


I added a Vintage Flourish leaf, my absolute favourite leaf die, links at the bottom.


I used the fence die several times, glued together to create the fencing all the way round, so elegant.



I haven't quite worked out night time photography so this was taken with my phone.



Forgive the next pictures as I never set out to do a tutorial on this but remembered that when I posted Astrid's on facebook that there was a request for a tutorial so I thought I would take some pictures along the way.

Using the Dutch Doobadoo houses place them on your chosen paper and draw round.  Cut out the pieces.  I used paper pads from Noor!DesignUK Winter Wonderland and Bricks as I wanted the roof the look different, so to me they are tiles, lol.



Using the Icicle die cut out in white and arrange under the roof.



I used the Dutch Doobadoo Glue as it has a little spreader on it and dries clear.  Add glue to the wooden house and add your papers.


Add lace behind the windows as curtains. 


I placed softwood bricks dotted around the house and glued down.



I added structure paste to the bricks and around the house.



Repeat the process on your second house.


I cut a large circle from mountboard.  I wouldn't personally recommend mountboard.  I intended to use a cake board but due to the time of year they were sold out.  My second option was to use foamboard which I have in the garage, but there are spiders in there and hubby was at work,lol.  I couldn't wait so I went ahead but I would recommend my first two options as I had to reinforce the houses and trees but I will be gluing to foamboard tomorrow.

Mark with pencil where you want your wooden pieces to go.


Cut out and make wide enough to fit your wooden pieces in.


Add structure paste to all around as your snow, love this stuff.


I cut several of the fence diecuts and glued together before adding around the edge by tucking the bottom section of the fence under the mountboard.


Decorate as desired.






Follow Me on Pinterest

The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:

7 comments:

  1. Wow stunning and beautiful Tracy
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So totally beautiful! Love your scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning Tracy, I love it, thanks for such a great tut too. Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, blew me away and looks gorgeous day and night x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just amazing! I need to come back for a better look and read later. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just come across this tutorial I can't stop looking at it as it is so beautiful (you are so talented) also I have seen it in the flesh, so to speak at class, NOW I will try to have a go,Thanks Dee.XX

    ReplyDelete