Pages

Thursday 29 October 2015

Oval Christmas Decoration


Hello again! I'm back today with another Guest Designer piece - this time a Christmas decoration using an MDF plaque as the base. I love vintage Christmas makes!

I used the Circle with Flower die to make some poinsettias - for each bloom I cut one green layer of paper and two red ones. I cut into the petals a little so I could shape them by bending the petals over a paintbrush handle. The edges are inked in gold and in the centres are filled with gold sequins and seed beads.



I surrounded my vintage image (a scan of an old postcard from my collection) with various stamps and die cut images to finish the piece. 



Noor! Design products used:
-Tough Textures Paper Pad

-Cutting & Embossing Circle with Flower Die

-Old Dutch Skates Die

-Cutting & Embossing 8 Point Die
-Dutch Doobadoo Craft Art Christmas
-Dutch Doobadoo MDF Essential Oval

The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop.

If you'd like to see more of my work, you can catch me over at my blog or Facebook page.

Katy xxx




5 comments:

  1. Love the image, love the flowers: beautiful!!!
    Hugsss, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Gorgeous!! Flowers are so WOW!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your combination dies, picture and flowers. It is beautiful.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, beautiful image and layout. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete