Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2016

To You From Me

Hello everyone how are you. Today I have another christmas card, I'm so sorry if you are sick of seeing them now & we will be done soon lol. Although I have to say I'm really enjoying making them this year & I dont want to stop lol...but I will dont worry. 

So here is a card using just Maja design paper, even the image is from the papers ;-)
All links to items used at the bottom of this post.
Arn't those snowman so darn cute!! I've used Maja Design I Wish 6x6 collection, inked & distressed all edges & then machine sewn them.

I made 2 bows with seam binding, added some scrapiniec behind & a bit of bling in the centre & ta da.......pretty ;-)
The Merry Christmas For A Dear Friend I cut from Pion Design Borders sheet.

I added some cute Penguins using a Joy Crafts die, I cut them out with scarps from the Maja Design pad & then added pimice stone ink to define them a bit.
The Tag is Magnolia Aspen collection & I stamped onto kraft card & inked the edges a bit, added a charm & some waxed cord.

Now for the image I fussy cut the snowmen out of a sheet of paper from the 6x6 pad, on this sheet the birds are also on it. So I used that side with the birds to put behind my window & then added the snowmen. The window was a bit too long so I shortened it just a little.

For the snowy effect (which looks soooo much better IRL) I added Structure Paste then whilst the paste is still wet I sprinkle glitter over it.
I've not edited this photo at all as brightness is what kills the glitter showing on photo's......so to show the glitter up I've left it un-edited.

I added 2 different kinds of lace, I love tulle but hate cutting into it lol......though I'm also glad I did when I see it on a project.
Behind the window is a Little Darlings die which is also replicated inside to write a message on.

As always inside is decorated to match the front, I do all this at the same time rather than have to go back & do insides, its easier to do it all at once as it takes just a few minutes.
The flowers are WOC & I've added metal leaves & the 2 centre flowers came with the Magnolia Club Kit Volume 12.
Also added white gesso here & there for an extra snowy effect ;-)

Thank you so so much for stopping by.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx


The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:

1 comment:

  1. beautiful card!
    Very nice design paper beautiful details like the window and Santas.
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete