Pages

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Our Beloved Sadie - MDF Mini Frame

Good morning everyone,

It's Gina here, I hope your week is off to a good start and that you are all well.

Today I am sharing a creation I made using the Dutch Doobadoo MDF Mini Album Picture Frame. There are four frames in total.


I thought this would make a perfect mini album/memory book of our beloved dog Sadie, who was part of our family for 14 years, but sadly is no longer with us. I painted the frame with gesso and covered it with white frantage. I have tied the four frames together using white seam binding. I thought this was a perfect opportunity to use the Noor Design film strip die. As it is a winter photo, I sprinkled some twinklets onto the rose, painted  couple of fir cones with gesso and added a couple of the thick branch leaves. 


This is frame no. 2, which I decided could be used a journal or a smaller photo could be placed here. I have added a few of the Noor Design dies, film strip, ice crystal edge and a border die, which I can't see in Tracy's shop, but she will be able to get it for you if you contact her through the shop. In the centre I have stamped a grunge frame and applied some Dutch Doobadoo structure paste around the edges. 


In frame 3, I have put another photo of Sadie and edged the paper with white cotton lace. The corners are from the frame and 3 corners die set.


The last frame I have decorated again, but this time as well as the film strip die,  I have added the sending love heart and heart with wings die and as it is a winter scene I thought it  would be fun to add a snowman from the Dutch Doobadoo paper art snowman set.

I hope you like it and thank you for popping in.

Hugs 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Gina! Love your album, gorgeous design and Sadie looks like a lovely dog! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina I just love how your album turned out. So beautiful and elegant work on every page here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina
    Love the layout and design of your album. What a gorgeous keepsake
    of 'Happy Memories' of your adorable Sadie! Hugs Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the film strip die. Great frame. Hugz

    ReplyDelete