Pages

Sunday 6 October 2019

Paper Poinsettias






Hi everybody hope you've had a good start to your day.

Today I am sharing with you my poinsettias using the lovely Rosy Owl Poinsietta dies from our Crafteezee shop. This time I wanted to try the paper flowers instead of foamiran.


There are three sized dies in the package and I have used the smallest two out of the three.

With regards to paper I have used Fabriano extra white 140 gsm.




First I have die cut two out of each shape from the paper and with a small foam pad I have used both distress inks and Faber Castell oil pastels to put colour in the centre.



Then I have faced them upside down and with a small spray bottle I have puffed some water and the back and squished them together.  Left them for about 5 minutes and then opened them up and using the foamiran shaping tools to give them a nudge in the centre of each petal.



We have lots of different stamens to use in our shop but I used the pearl white ones and silver ones for the blue flowers and pearl stamens and gold ones for the red flowers. I have sprinkled some white glitter over the flowers to finish them off.




Looking forward to using them in my Christmas projects soon :) 

Feel free to ask any questions am always happy to help

xxx

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment