Pages

Monday 15 February 2016

Kitchen Gift Set

Hi everyone! It's Linda back again with a fun set of themed items for you.

I was really quite late finishing this gift set, it should have been posted last Thursday in my usual guest spot, but I certainly did not make things easy for myself as this was quite a bit of work and I had so much going on last week. I really had soooo much fun making it though.



As soon as I saw this MDF Apron from Dutch Doobadoo I knew I wanted to make something with it for my friend who is quite the keen baker. I had the idea to make a recipe box and I also wanted to make a little chalk board for her kitchen.

I covered the edges of the apron in gesso before decorating with paper. I cut a little pocket with an oval die and popped a few pieces from the Kraft Art Kitchenware inside. These are so cute, and perfect for any kitchen or cooking theme.

The kraft gives them a lovely vintage look, which I accentuated further on my co-ordinating card by covering them with Crackle Glaze. I coloured the image with my distress ink markers. I used the border dies  to edge my layers and plenty of cheesecloth and gesso to add to the retro/vintage feel.


To make the chalk board I covered one of the apron's with some black gesso. You can use this like chalkboard paint, you just need to use a damp cloth to erase your chalking.


Finally I made a little gift bag to match using the Little Gift Bag pattern.

I do hope you enjoyed my little kitchen set as much as I enjoyed designing and making them. 
Happy crafting and I'll see you soon! :) xx




The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:

3 comments:

  1. Wow...this is amazing! Love all the things here.....gorgeous work!!!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic set, love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete