Pages

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Snowflake wall hanging

A friend asked if I would make one of my mixed media wall hangings for her to send to family in the USA for Christmas.  This is what I came up with. 

I started off by getting my hubby to drill me some holes so I could join the MDF snowflakes to make one long hanging, then gave them a few coats of white paint front and back.  I then die cut some doily shapes from 300 gsm card and stuck down with pva glue.  The gaps were filled in by using some structure paste and the snowflake stencil.  I then painted the flowers white and when dry glued in place.  Then came the fun part, digging out the colour mists and having FUN!  Once this was dry I joined the snowflakes with white seam binding.

The NOEL word and the bauble are chipboards that I picked up from The Range (I think it may be by Papermania?).  The angel wings and the floral wreath I made using air dry clay and a couple of moulds.

bev-rochester-noor-snowflake-mixed-media

Some close ups, the largest snowflake first.  I love how the die cut doily and embossing shows up so well.

bev-rochester-noor-snowflake-mixed-media-3

The middle one, I just LOVE those angel wings.  The heart is a plastic button.

bev-rochester-noor-snowflake-mixed-media-4

And the smallest one, I painted the clay wreath with some of the misters

bev-rochester-noor-snowflake-mixed-media-5

Noor Design products used:

4 comments: